CRYMACHINA will launch for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Switch on July 6 in Japan, followed a worldwide release this fall with an added PC (Steam) version, publishers FuRyu and NIS America announced. It will feature Japanese audio with English subtitles.
The single-player action RPG was first teased by FuRyu last week, but this is the first confirmation of a worldwide release and PC version.
In Japan, the standard edition will cost 7,980 yen at retail and 7,700 yen digitally. A physical, limited quantity limited edition will also be available for 12,680 yen, and a Digital Deluxe Edition for 7,700 yen.
Here is an overview of the game, via NIS America:
In a world where humans went extinct thousands of years ago, synthetic beings known as Dei ex Machina have been tasked to bring mankind back. Join three E.V.E, the recreated psyches of deceased humans instilled in synthetic bodies, as they seek their full-fledged humanity and explore Eden to discover the secrets hidden within.
Flashy, action-packed combat paired with in-depth weapon customization creates a visually stunning RPG experience. Dark scenery and striking science-fiction visuals bring the world of CRYMACHINA to life.
- #CLASSY – Destroy larger than life foes with flashy, action-packed RPG combat that flows seamlessly between exploration.
- #STYLISH – Eye-catching visuals are supported with alluring sci-fi artwork from @Rolua_N and @Yoshi6054, bringing the bleak, dark world of CRYMACHINA to life!
- #STRONG – This emotional story dives deep into the qualities of humans and pushes players to question their perception of humanity.
And here are some additional details, via the game’s Steam page:
CRYMACHINA is an action RPG where mechanical girls strive to survive in a post-apocalyptic world to become “Real Humans.” But what does it mean to be a “Real Human”?
Join the three playable main characters as they fight in fast-paced action RPG combat featuring a myriad of tactics to customize your weapons and challenge your foes.
This heartwarming story of love, told by synthetic beings, will pull at the strings of your biological heart.
See for yourself whether happy catharsis awaits these mechanical girls as they cry, struggle, and overcome their fate.
In modern times, a strange disease runs rampant. A young girl named Lebel Distel who teeters on the brink of death hears a mysterious voice—“You have been chosen.” Though taken by darkness, Leben awakens to find herself in a dark, post-apocalyptic world and is greeted by an android named Enoa.
Leben finds herself in Eden, the Propagation Plant, where machines continue to operate with the goal of creating “Real Humans” to restore humanity. Guided by Enoa, Leben becomes entangled in the battle to become a “Real Human.”
- Enoa (voiced by Hikaru Tono) – “Humans get a gold star.”
- Leben Distel (voiced by Risa Tsumugi) – “Humans are stupid.”
- Mikoto Chigiku (voiced by Ruriko Aoki) – “Humans should live in a cool way.”
- Ami Shito (voiced by Minami Takahashi) – “Family makes us human.”
Venture between the battlegrounds of Eden and the safe haven of the Imitation Garden. Within Eden, face exhilarating and cathartic battles against mechanical enemies and discover the unknowns of the dark world.
Then return to your base, the Imitation Garden, to relax, customize your weapons, and enjoy lighthearted and heartwarming conversations between the girls.
The game’s development staff is as follows:
- Production: FuRyu
- Production, Direction, and Scenario: Fuyuki Hayahsi (FuRyu)
- Scenario Supervision: Naoki Hisaya
- Development: AQURIA
- Direction: Satoshi Hirayae (AQURIA)
- Programmer Leader: Akihisia Amano (AQURIA)
- Designer Leader: Nao Souda (AQURIA), Katsushi Miyazawa (AQURIA)
- Character Design and Illustration: Rolua
- Enemy Design and Sculpt: Yoshi.
- Inserted Illustration: Hajime Ueda
- Logo Design: Hiroto Sugawara
- Theme Song: “MakeFlowerCrown();”
- Vocals: Enoa (Hikaru Tono)
- Music: Sakuzyo
- Lyrics: ASPRGuS
- All Music Production: Sakuzyo
- 3D CG Animation Production: StudioGOONEYS, STUDIO BOKAN
- Voice Cast:
- Leben Distel (voiced by Risa Tsumugi)
- Mikoto Sengiku (voiced by Ruriko Aoki)
- Ami Shido (voiced by Minami Takahashi)
- Lilly (voiced by Hina Kino)
- Noein (voiced by Yui Horie)
- Anthropos (voiced by Tomokazu Sugita)
- Litheia (voiced by Shigeru Chiba)
- Zoe (voiced by Hitomi Ueda)
- Hayat (voiced by Honoka Inoue)
- Vida (voiced by Kotori Koiwai)
- Heim (voiced by Akira Sekine)
- Can (voiced by Reina Kondou)
- Enoa (voiced by Hikaru Tono)
Watch the announcement trailer and music sampler below. View the first screenshots at the gallery. Visit the official English website here and Japanese website here.